As the formality of the elegant, sit-down, plated dinner gives way to more casual and adventurous foodie arrangements, the wedding couple can scout out many intriguing options from creative catering choices. Among the advantages are savings from linens and dishes rentals and a more relaxed environment to mingle. Caterers offer a wide variety of kinds of service, style and delicious edibles.
Going casual can still include very nice dishes, linens, upscale or imprinted paper napkins, glass drinkware and nice flatware. With fresh flowers, candles and Pinterest idea decorations, the reception can embrace as much formality as you want even without the plated meal. Affair to Remember Catering, in Stuart which serves the Treasure Coast region of southeast Florida, is well-known for its imaginative decor and excellence in food quality and presentation. "Our team of chefs and event planners offer innovative cuisine that is tailored to your palate, and our wait service sets the standard for professionalism," says catering coordinator Margie Stiburek. "Everything we do is tailored to the season or theme of the event."
Contemporary, casual catering includes everything from fajitas and fritters to stir-fry, pecan crusted grouper, chicken cordon bleu and baked ziti. Hors d'oeuvres at Affair to Remember Catering include Caprese skewers, chicken 'n waffle dippers, fancy mission figs and vegetarian quesadillas. Mac 'n cheese, lobster bisque, crabcakes, quail and chicken Romano Alfredo are also among choice selections that go casual to upscale on the same plate or buffet. From pizza slices to popcorn and pumpkin pudding, your catered reception can fit your personal objectives and budget while creating the kind of event where everyone says: A good time was had by all!
The Floor Style
~ Casual, lounge seating and high-top tables to create an interesting environment for movement and conversation
~ Long tables with chairs akin to an old-fashioned BBQ
~ Smaller kid-sized tables and chairs in a space with coloring books, toys and a few supervisors, like older children and teens
~ Round tables still make for good conversation, with or without assigned seating
~ Hay bales in large circles, covered with fabric perhaps for seating
~ Picnic tables and benches scattered around
~ Long boards across stumps or other bases
The Food Style
- Servers can roam the space with trays of tapas and hors-d'oeuvres
- Buffet with hot or cold foods set up for approach from both sides of tables
- Chef-staffed stations like pasta, waffles, tacos, sliders, omelettes
- Family-style tasting menus, a little bit of everything
- Beaucoup heart-healthy mini-servings
- Meat-carving stations or end of buffet line sliced meat under heat lamps
- Seasonal, locally-sourced and/or organic foods
- Food truck(s) rolling in (Contact Food Island Truck at 561-676-6469 travels to Stuart, Jensen Beach, Jupiter and West Palm Beach)
- Wedding cake, sheet cake, cupcakes and/or dessert buffet
- Multi-level food presentation